Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Hi, I have thrown up on the 25th. I woke up & took my sugar

Hi, I have thrown up on the 25th. I woke up & took my sugar & it was 271. I went golfing the same day it reached 87° & had the watery diarrhea, sweating profusely, & I felt like I was going to pass out. I couldn't drink Powerade b/c of sugar so I drank water. Then I was fine for a few days & I got watery diarrhea again & it was my only symptom with profuse sweating. I just got it again today in airconditioning I've got it 3-4 times in 2 weeks. What could it be???

Dr. Rick, MD :

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

Dr. Rick, MD :

There is a nasty bug going around causing stomach upset and frequent diarrhea. It went through our hospital outpatient clinic last week.

Dr. Rick, MD :

It sounds like you got it :)

Dr. Rick, MD :

The only problem is, given your diabetes, recent high sugars and probable dehydration you need to be careful not to get your entire system out of whack.

Dr. Rick, MD :

"out of whack" is a medical term nowadays lol!

Customer: K, thanks I wasn't sure because it's yellowish/green. Can it last 2 weeks?
Dr. Rick, MD :

Make sure to drink a lot of fluids and I'd suggest checking your blood sugars more frequently. If you start to feel a lot worse, your sugars get out of control or you are just concerned, get into see your MD.

Dr. Rick, MD :

It's been lasting 7 to 10 days around here....

Dr. Rick, MD :

The color is from bile etc...nothing to worry aobut.

Dr. Rick, MD :

about.

Customer: I was never diagnosed with diabetes could that be it?
Dr. Rick, MD :

If your blood sugar was 271 you need to be worked up for diabetes.....it should not get that high in a normal person.

Customer: K thanks!!! :-)