Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

still have stomach pains, dr suspects post viral IBS. symptoms

still have stomach pains, dr suspects post viral IBS. symptoms improved after changing to simple diet but are now back again and accompanied by feeling of being very tired and also strange feeling in throat. Am a few days before ovulation and have had hormonal imbalance problems in recent months, so also have mild anxiety due to high oestrogen/low progesterone. Am concerned about colon cancer or ovarian cancer (has gynaecological check a few weeks ago and everything seemed fine but he did ask about change in bowel habits and whilst I had none then Since then I have non stop changes in bowel habits. Wouldn't effects of a virus be gone by now?

Mysticdoc :

The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.

Mysticdoc :

Hi there,

I am Mysticdoc, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.

I am here to help you with your concerns.

Mysticdoc :

Tiredness can be experienced following a change in diet.

Mysticdoc :

However, there are other possibilities.

Mysticdoc :

Thyroid disorder, diabetes, vitamin deficiencies, iron deficiency should be ruled out.

Mysticdoc :

now, do you see any blood in the stool?

Customer: Those things were checked in recent mths, thyroid was slightly low. I did stop using a bioidentical hormone cream progesterone 2 mths ago as the dose (100mg) was too high and was converting into testosterone. My stomach pains are keeping me awake at night, dr said probably colon related but right now feel like ovarian due to ovulation in coming few days.
Mysticdoc :

impending ovulation can cause pain.

Mysticdoc :

ovarian cancer is less likely at your age.

Mysticdoc :

And there is no specific sign in early stages.

Mysticdoc :

Tumor markers like CA 125 can be used.

Mysticdoc :

also a pelvic ultrasound will be better.

Mysticdoc :

did you have any colonoscopy or scan?

Customer: Well thery do say change in bowel habits and pelvic pain. Sorry when I say stomach I should say pelvis pains
Mysticdoc :

ok

Mysticdoc :

pelvic pain in most cases are benign.

Mysticdoc :

however persistent pain does warrant a pelvic ultrasound.

Customer: Had pelvis ultrasound 2 weeks ago all seemed fine. Last colonoscopy was 2-3 yrs ago
Mysticdoc :

ok then you are up to date

Mysticdoc :

no need to worry

Customer: Yes you would think so. The fatigue is something new to me though and I know it could be hormonal I also suspect my body is adjusting to change in progesterone levels as I did have some of these issues before using the c ream
Mysticdoc :

Hormone changes are the likely cause.

Mysticdoc :

This should not be long lasting.

Customer: Should I return to GP, gy naecologist or see endocrinologist
Customer: iendocrinologists have had various symptoms for last 2 mths
Customer: wouldmths would like to use cream again in low dose but have been advised to wait a few more mths to allow cream to get out of my system
Mysticdoc :

And you can consider using progesterone 10% cream 1/4 tablespoon twice daily.

Mysticdoc :

This is often helpful.

Mysticdoc :

Or you can consider any low dose combination contraceptive pill.

Customer: evensystem even if I am still showing signs of the overdose in blood and saliva test results
Customer: The cream was very good in low dose but the symptoms of overdose were very nasty
Mysticdoc :

symptoms should dictate the treatment as the blood or saliva levels may not correlate well with your symptoms.

Customer: Well specialist in London was surprised that it was too much for me but other drs say it was far too much. I should also say that this is first time I have had any health problems so am quite aware of my body
Customer: sobody so what type of dr should I go to now, gynaecologist or GP or endocrinologist
Mysticdoc :

Gynecologist will be better

Customer: blood test in June July showed slightly low lymphocytes 15 percent June and 18 percent july
Mysticdoc :

what is the absolute count?

Customer: ok do you think the throat symptoms are connected to colon symptoms - virus?
Customer: will check quickly
Mysticdoc :

Yes I think so.

Mysticdoc :

they are likely related.

Customer: End June 15.6 percent (minus) and monocytes 15.6 percent(plus)
Mysticdoc :

ok

Customer: in July lymphocytes 18 percent and mono 9 percent
Mysticdoc :

and total white cell count?

Customer: whatpercent what would be the name of this as it is in german
Mysticdoc :

WBC count or leucocyte count

Customer: Ok yes thought so 6910 in july
Mysticdoc :

ok then nothing to worry about.

Mysticdoc :

Still your lympho count above 600

Customer: which means what?
Customer: leucocyte were 5.4 in june
Mysticdoc :

so it is increasing which is not concerning.

Customer: Ok understood. Listen Dr thanks for your time, answering my questions and reassuring me. I guess I will take a pain killer and try and sleep and see gynaecologist in coming days for a chat
Customer: Many thanks Caroline
Mysticdoc :

Sounds good.

Mysticdoc :

very welcome Caroline