Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Ive been to 3 doctors this month

Ive been to 3 doctors this month due to a stomach ache, diarrhea, vomiting from excess bile x 1 month. I have terrible pressure at my sternum. All blood/urine tests came out fine (to include H. Pylori) so they sent me home with no answers, further tests or recommendations. I cant even eat.

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

Do you have any medical problems or take any medication?

Do you have any other symptoms?

What type of medicine do the three doctors you have consulted with practice.

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not take any meds or have medical conditions.

The doctors were general practitioners

I did drink a GI / lidocaine cocktail at the ER. It helped immediately.

I think there is bile in my stool.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Other symptoms: dehydration (I received an IV at the ER)

terrible neausea

vomit is all bile and water

Renee,

It sounds like your next step should be to consult with a gastroenterologist as it is obvious that your GPs have reached the end of what they are able to do.

Concerning the bile in your stool, this is a normal finding, especially if your intestines are emptying faster then usual/you have diarrhea. This is nothing to worry about.

Another option you might want to take would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you have any ideas of what the problem can be? Im sure there is a list but I want to do more research to put my mind at ease.

It could be crohn's disease, an infection with something like giardia, a systemic illness...the list is very long, branching and -- I'm afraid -- not very useful with the current information available.

But one thing I can say: Things can not be left as they are. Time to seek out a doctor better trained in these areas. The workup you have had done to-date is nowhere near complete enough from what you have posted.

Does this make sense to you?

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS