Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

My husband had a boil we think from an ingrown hair. It is

My husband had a boil we think from an ingrown hair. It is by his chin on left side. It was lanced and packed. We paid the doctor a lot of money. We had a follow up and thought it was included in the total price we paid or max the price of an office visit. However, we are waiting here now and they are telling us they need to look at it to give us a price. It was packed and never finished. This seems like a rip off to me. My question is two parts. Isn't the unpacking supposed to be part of the surgery price? The surgery was never completed. Secondly can we unpack it ourselves. Are they supposed to out stiches to close this up or does this close up on its own? Thank you.

Dr. Rick, MD :

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

Dr. Rick, MD :

that is a very good question. First of all, if it was infected, the correct thing to do is pack the wound so it will slowly heal and close on its own.

Customer: Yes it was packed friday
Dr. Rick, MD :

Are you being treated by an MD? What city/state or Country?

Dr. Rick, MD :

How long ago was the lesion lanced and packec?

Dr. Rick, MD :

ok

Customer: Yes md in fl united states
Dr. Rick, MD :

Also, did you pay 100% cash or was insurance involved?

Dr. Rick, MD :

In the big picture, it sounds like your husband is getting the correct medical care.......

Dr. Rick, MD :

are you still there?

Customer: Paid cash no insurance. Feel like they are taken advantage
Dr. Rick, MD :

I see you are typing...

Dr. Rick, MD :

In my opinion, you should not be charged for today's visit. It should be included as "post-op" care for the fee of lancing the boil and packing.

Dr. Rick, MD :

That is usually the way the insurance companies do it. You should ask for the code used for Fridays visit to be shown to you in the book and specifically ask what the designated post-op period is.

Dr. Rick, MD :

I see you have gone offline....

Dr. Rick, MD :

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick, MD : Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?
Dr. Rick, MD : that is a very good question. First of all, if it was infected, the correct thing to do is pack the wound so it will slowly heal and close on its own. Customer: Yes it was packed friday
Dr. Rick, MD : Are you being treated by an MD? What city/state or Country?
Dr. Rick, MD : How long ago was the lesion lanced and packec?
Dr. Rick, MD : ok Customer: Yes md in fl united states
Dr. Rick, MD : Also, did you pay 100% cash or was insurance involved?
Dr. Rick, MD : In the big picture, it sounds like your husband is getting the correct medical care.......
Dr. Rick, MD : are you still there? Customer: Paid cash no insurance. Feel like they are taken advantage
Dr. Rick, MD : I see you are typing...
Dr. Rick, MD : In my opinion, you should not be charged for today's visit. It should be included as "post-op" care for the fee of lancing the boil and packing.
Dr. Rick, MD : That is usually the way the insurance companies do it. You should ask for the code used for Fridays visit to be shown to you in the book and specifically ask what the designated post-op period is.
Dr. Rick, MD : I see you have gone offline....
Dr. Rick, MD : Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS