Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

pain in upper right back area. 52 year old female excellent

pain in upper right back area. 52 year old female excellent health, no medications, 200 lbs. What might it be and how can I treat it?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 1 year ago.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Hello would you like to chat on this? Please type into your message box and press 'enter' or 'reply' to send the message so that we can have a live chat.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

hello do you have any other symptoms like fever, nausea, etc?

Dr. P. Jyoti :

hello

Customer:

no other symptoms, just pain

Dr. P. Jyoti :

do you have any other symptoms like fever, nausea, etc

Dr. P. Jyoti :

ok

Dr. P. Jyoti :

pain in this region can be due to many causes

Dr. P. Jyoti :

the most common is a simple muscular pain, because of your position in sleep, etc

Customer:

my water intake has been low for the past few days

Dr. P. Jyoti :

this can usually be healed by simple stretching exercises and by heat application

Dr. P. Jyoti :

the three conditions which can also cause this are:

Dr. P. Jyoti :

gall bladder, pancreatitis and renal stones

Dr. P. Jyoti :

all these three can also cause a pain in this area

Dr. P. Jyoti :

gall bladder stones can cause pain which is increased in breathing in

Dr. P. Jyoti :

pancreatitis can also cause this pain, but this is least likely among these three

Dr. P. Jyoti :

the third possibility which is an important possibility for you is renal stones

Dr. P. Jyoti :

this can also cause a pain in this region

Customer:

If I do a cleanse, can I pass any possible stones?

Dr. P. Jyoti :

no that would not happen

Dr. P. Jyoti :

you need to see your doctor for this

Dr. P. Jyoti :

you need to get an ultrasound done which can diagnose these conditions

Customer:

thank you

Dr. P. Jyoti :

see your doctor for this and discuss these three possibilities

Dr. P. Jyoti :

ask about doing an ultrasound for them

Dr. P. Jyoti :

meanwhile do gentle stretching exercises and also use a hot water bottle

Dr. P. Jyoti :

this will help with the pain

Dr. P. Jyoti :

If the question has been answered to your satisfaction, you need to rate my service positively.

Rating system is the row of faces below - click on a happy face to give a good rating. Bonus is always welcome Thank you.
Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer:

I will, thank you

Dr. P. Jyoti :

any further questions?

Dr. P. Jyoti :

glad to help

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

Customer:

nope, I'm good

Dr. P. Jyoti :

I trust my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Bonus is always welcome - Thank you!

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

anything else?

Dr. P. Jyoti :

You now need to give a rating if the answer has satisfied you and you have no more questions.
We are paid only when a positive rating is given.
Thanks.

Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience: 17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
Hello Cherri,

How are you doing now? Did you see your doctor? I would like to follow up with you on this, do write back to me when you have seen your doctor.

Thank you for your positive rating to my answer.

I am very pleased that I was able to help you.

You may shortly receive an email survey to rate my services from JA. Please take the time to answer the survey with positive ratings for me, because the survey is actually very important for me on this JA site and your good ratings will help me immensely.

If you have any further questions, either on this issue or a different issue, I would be happy to help you. Just 'request' me or put 'For Dr. P. Jyoti only' at the beginning of your question so that I get to work with you again.

It was a great pleasure for me and JA to be able to help you.

JA has also started a new feature where you can add an expert to your list of favorite experts so that you can request them directly

I would be honored to be included in your list.

Thank you,
Dr. P. Jyoti, MD.