Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

hi I want to get advise on what other medications I can take

hi I want to get advise on what other medications I can take to help with the side effects of zyprexa 10ml, see I am un able to go on with my normal life because of these side effects, please tell me other drugs I can take to help with these side effects, rapid weight gain
problem with memory,high blood pressure,sleepiness,trouble with sleeping,tiredness or weakness,increase appetite,sleeplessness,feel weak or tired,lack of energy
increased appitite, plz if you can tell me other medication that can help or support zyprexa, even off the shelf, main problems being, feeling sleepiness, feeling tired or weak and lack of energy just want to sleep, and sleeping for 14 to 15 hours a day, I can not work, or do anything, I feel tired, lack energy, plz tell even off the shelf medication that can support these problems
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any other medications?

How long have you been on?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no i don't have any other medical problems and i don't take any other medication

i have on zyprexa for 2 years and then change to quatipine for 4 years and then back on zyprexa for 1 year not,

please if can tell me other medication that can help me with sleeping so much, and eating so much, and feeling tired and sleepy through out the day, i treid drinking tone of coffe and tone of red bull, is their any medication that is known to support zyprexa side effects

Said,

I'm sorry to say, but given your post I can not recommend another medication that will counteract all the problems you are having with the Zyprexa. Your issues are too complex for the type of solution you are looking for.

That being said, I would recommend talking with your prescribing doctor and ask her if you should stop the zyprexa and try a different medication or combination of medications.

If you do not feel that your doctor is willing to help you solve these problems you might want to gather up your medical records and get a second opinion at a large university medical center.

Why an institution like this? Because at an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
I am sorry to see that you have given me a poor rating for the assistance I have provided. Ratings do not apply to system malfunctions...only to the quality of the expert.
I would ask that you give me a chance to provide you with further data so that you have the information you need to address your issue.
I would appreciate a good or excellent rating and will work hard to obtain it if given the chance.
Thank you.
I realize that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.
Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three feedback choices, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC