Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I broke me lower leg 2 half years ago ever since then every

I broke me lower leg 2 half years ago ever since then every time I go gym put pressure on my leg I suffer from cellulitis and have to take antibiotics this mainly happens when I lift weights standing up
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 11 months ago.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Hello would you like to chat on this? Please type into your message box and press 'enter' or 'reply' to send the message so that we can have a live chat.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

have you had tests for lymphedema?

Customer: No
Dr. P. Jyoti :

you need to have tests to check for lymphatic blockage

Dr. P. Jyoti :

otherwise a fracture so long ago should not lead to repeated cellulitis

Dr. P. Jyoti :

the fact that this develops after you put pressure on the leg is also significant

Dr. P. Jyoti :

the lymph from the intra-cellular area flows out through lymph channels which are like veins

Dr. P. Jyoti :

these can be blocked or impaired during any injury to the leg or any other part of the body

Dr. P. Jyoti :

this can lead to impairment of lymphatic flow

Dr. P. Jyoti :

this may be a possible cause of your repeated cellulitis

Customer: Only a m.r scan I had to see if the infection is coming from the bone. But when I had wet cupping done there was alot of dark black blood from my lower right leg compared to other parts of the body where I also had cupping from
Dr. P. Jyoti :

you need tests like

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Lymphoscintigraphy

Duplex Ultrasound

Dr. P. Jyoti :

discuss these tests with your doctor

Dr. P. Jyoti :

an MRI is not sufficient

Dr. P. Jyoti :

the excess cupping can be due to lymph collection

Dr. P. Jyoti :

discuss with your doctor about lymphatic blockage and these two tests

Dr. P. Jyoti :

if lymphatic blockage is found, this can be corrected with special therapies which your doctor can advise for you

Dr. P. Jyoti :

take care

Dr. P. Jyoti :

this can lead to a solution for you

Dr. P. Jyoti :

If the question has been answered to your satisfaction, you need to rate my service positively.

Rating system is the row of faces below - click on a happy face to give a good rating. Bonus is always welcome Thank you.
Dr. P. Jyoti

Dr. P. Jyoti :

any further questions?

Customer: Thanks you
Dr. P. Jyoti :

glad to help

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

I trust my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Bonus is always welcome - Thank you!

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.

Customer: Yes why would my g. P not send me to hospital he always makes excuses
Dr. P. Jyoti :

discuss this with him

Dr. P. Jyoti :

if you bring up some differential diagnoses, then you will get a better informed discussion

Dr. P. Jyoti :

this will enable you to get a better response from your doctor

Dr. P. Jyoti :

hope this leads to a solution for you

Dr. P. Jyoti :

take care

Dr. P. Jyoti :

You now need to give a rating if the answer has satisfied you and you have no more questions.
We are paid only when a positive rating is given.
Thanks.

Customer: Bey thanks
Dr. P. Jyoti :

glad to hel[

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Thanks.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

hello do you have any further questions?

Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience: 17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Is there any further information that you need? Please do write if you wanted to know something more.

Do write back to me if you have any follow up questions,

Thank you,
Dr. P. Jyoti