Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Twisted my knee while turning to sit in a chair. Intense pain

Twisted my knee while turning to sit in a chair. Intense pain and strange sensation, could not striaghten my knee or bear weight. Swollen for 2 days, now swelling is gone and pain is centralized to the top center of my knee cap and achiness in the rear of the knee. What did I do??
Hi. My name isXXXXX and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

How long ago did this happen?

Does it hurt more when you walk up or down stairs?

Do you have any medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Dr. Rick.

This happened Saturday, 2 days ago. Yes, hurts more on the stairs. I have no medical issues and I do not take any medicaitons.

It sounds like you may have torn your ACL ligament. This can happen even with minor trauma -- You don't have to be a NFL linebacker to get this injury.

In many patient this can be managed with physical rehab and wearing a brace.

The best thing to do would be to consult with an orthopedic surgeon for a complete exam

Here is a a very good article that you might find interesting:

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00297

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX take your advise and follow up with an Orthopedic.

My pleasure. Have a great September :)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.