Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I am experiencing low back pain, registering on my left side.

I am experiencing low back pain, registering on my left side. Its dull and throbbing and feels like someone is digging their elbow into my back. its noticable when I walk and it feels a little better when I lay down on my back. I feel kinda nausous but not too bad. My muscles on my left side in my leg I think its the femoris bicep are tight which results in my walk almost looking like a saunter or limp. I have had a history of back problems. And my spine is affected by uneven muscle tension (from what I remember from my chiro years back) but I'm in the navy and Id like to figure out what it could be.
Hi. My name isXXXXX and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

How long have you had this pain?

How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

Do you have any medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have had it off and on for about a week to a greater or lesser degree.

I am 5 ft 8.5 inches and weigh 170.

I keep a very active lifestyle as I am active duty military and have been working out regularly with no issue with this pain.

I did however in the last week or so have to run a 1.5 mile and afterward that is when the pain started. Including the stiffness in the leg.

I havent tried taking any pain pills, and I am not on any prescribed medicines.
Sarah,

It sounds like you are having spasms from muscle damage/overuse.

I would try using a heating pad as much as possible, not doing anything to strenuous (If your Command Authority will allow this), take some tylenol and take it easy.

If things are not a little bit better in another 24-48 hours you should check with the Doc and see what she thinks.

From what you have posted I do not think this is from an issue with your spine, nerve compression etc.

I am an Air Force brat myself...

Thanks for your Service.

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS