Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

.Female Professional ONLY!

.Female professional ONLY! Had a question for dr thomas regarding anal lubricant for my partner and i, excellent response but my partner would like a female response for her peace of mind if possible please (nothing against dr T, she just wants a female perspective)

Dr. Rick, MD :

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

Dr. Rick, MD :

Are you wanting information on lubricants to use for vaginal intercourse and activity or are you wanting to speak with female doctor?

JACUSTOMER-nei03fp4- : Had a question about anal
JACUSTOMER-nei03fp4- : Lubricants
JACUSTOMER-nei03fp4- : atLubricant at an eco friendly village with my wife for our anniversary and have no lube
JACUSTOMER-nei03fp4- : wanted alternatives
Dr. Rick, MD :

Dr. Rick, MD :

For the vagina?

JACUSTOMER-nei03fp4- : Dr Thomas answered questions but my wife wants clarification from a female I think
JACUSTOMER-nei03fp4- : Anal sex
JACUSTOMER-nei03fp4- : We enjoy anal at home but did not bring lube and have limited supplies
Dr. Rick, MD :

JACUSTOMER-nei03fp4- : Don't doubt your expertise but I think my partners needs a female to give the all go on the aloe vera gel we were thinking of using before its a go
JACUSTOMER-nei03fp4- : Because it is scented she thinks its for all products that shouldn't be used as anal lube, dr T did approve it but she wants that female answer
Dr. Rick, MD :

Here is an excellent way to make your own water based lube. I bet they have everything you need at the village. Here is the link:

Dr. Rick, MD :

The most important thing is that the lube be water based.

JACUSTOMER-nei03fp4- : Ill check it out but it's pretty scarce with ingredients, but ill have a look
Dr. Rick, MD :

My pleasure.

Dr. Rick, MD :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

JACUSTOMER-nei03fp4- : Ok, so aloe gel may not be so good ?
JACUSTOMER-nei03fp4- : its like an after sun burn gel, its all we could find
Dr. Rick, MD :

Many of these aloe gels are water based and, if it is, it would be fien.

Dr. Rick, MD :

Dr. Rick, MD :

Thanks for that extra info.

Dr. Rick, MD :

Do NOT use the aloe gel that is used after sunburn. That will irritate things.

JACUSTOMER-nei03fp4- : Ok no worries, shown her the chats but she still wants that female ok, ill check out the video link
JACUSTOMER-nei03fp4- : Oh ok well that's what we got
JACUSTOMER-nei03fp4- : maxi block after sun gel
JACUSTOMER-nei03fp4- : aloe vera soother
Dr. Rick, MD :

no. definitely do not use that.

JACUSTOMER-nei03fp4- : with moisturiser
Dr. Rick, MD :

You may have to just use saliva.........

JACUSTOMER-nei03fp4- : Well that dr Thomas reckons its all good and I even sent him the link with the photo of it
JACUSTOMER-nei03fp4- : so he's a dickhead
Dr. Rick, MD :

Then let Dr. Thomas us it :)

JACUSTOMER-nei03fp4- : lucky my partner asked for a second opinion
Dr. Rick, MD :

Truth :)

JACUSTOMER-nei03fp4- : Well thanks for that
Dr. Rick, MD :

Check out the link and see what you can make up from stuff around the village

JACUSTOMER-nei03fp4- : any other house hold items or bathroom items that may work ?
Dr. Rick, MD :

My pleasure. Enjoy your vacation.

JACUSTOMER-nei03fp4- : Lip balm ?
Dr. Rick, MD :

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick, MD :

Hmm...I don't think I would use that. Probably not enough lube to it.

JACUSTOMER-nei03fp4- : Seriously she is hanging for it and if I can't provide a suitable lube replacement then im done for the night
JACUSTOMER-nei03fp4- : Where do I hit that button for feedback as you saved me an argument in the morning
Dr. Rick, MD :

Saliva and vaginal lube secretions....or, ya, your done

Dr. Rick, MD :

It should be on your screen

JACUSTOMER-nei03fp4- : i woulda convinced her to use that gel and it would all be my gault
Dr. Rick, MD :

Yup. And you would be to blame forever :)

JACUSTOMER-nei03fp4- : Alright so make her horny and pretty much use her own lube
Dr. Rick, MD :

Dr. Rick, MD :

natural and safe.

JACUSTOMER-nei03fp4- : Your a classic, if your married, have a partner, gay, whatever, go home after work and say to your partner (if you have one) I assisted in getting some Aussie bloke in Western Australia get anal sex tonight
Dr. Rick, MD :

Married, 31+ years 3 girls 2 boys 2grandkids

Dr. Rick, MD :

Have fun!

Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Mate, looking at your family tree i think you may be a sex machine from the future so ill be keen for your advice and prob any tips you can give me as we'll, appreciate your help, saved me an argument about a sore ass from using the wrong lubricant for the next couple of days, cheers mate
My pleasure.

Say "Hi" to the Southern Cross for me

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My partner thanks you, if there are any "scientific photos" taken tonight she said you are number 1 on the list for your "research" purposes, thanks again for saving her ass, good to speak to someone with knowledge a personality and a sense of humour. P.S no kangaroos were harmed during this text message

You are too kind.

And I almost blew coffee out my nose on the disclaimer about the poor little 'roos.

Have a fun time, you lucky bugger

G'night, Mate. :)
HI, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Moderator. I understand you are now requesting a second opinion from a Female professional. I will assist you in finding the right professional for you. Thank you for your patience.

Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Hello, I think the professional above has given good advice. It is important to use an anal lubricant for anal intercourse. The area is more prone to tearing and injury. Lack of a lubricant can cause injury and infection.

A silicone based lubricant is recommended, one that is not scented. A water based lubricant is not sufficient since the rectum absorbs water. You really need one formulated for anal sex.

The aloe after sun lotion you have is not appropriate for anal or vaginal intercourse. The scent will be a problem and the paraben in it is actually wax. This builds up in the rectal or vaginal areas and can cause infection.

While saliva and your own secretions are safe, they may not be enough lubrication for safe intercourse.

I would consider asking the concierge or front desk to assist and take a cab ride to purchase something suitable. You don't want to ruin your vacation. If you need help, let me know what area you are in.