Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

sudden nose bleeding,in large amount for about 30 minutes, which never happen before in my

sudden nose bleeding,in large amount for about 30 minutes, which never happen before in my 54 years of life, I'm bipolar diagnostic 10 years ago and I take my medication every day.
My wife is in bed with cancer and the doctor gave her on Wednesday our first expectation of life, 6 to 8 weeks,
could that be related to the present situation?
HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also. I need few details.
Are you still bleeding?
Have you checked your blood pressure?
Which medications you are on?
Any flu like symptoms, ear blockade, headache etc?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no I'm not bleeding, only concern about the issue.

I'm taking Tegratol 400 mg x2 and Ciplralex 10 mg daily, as I said for ten years.

I didn't check my blood pressure.

flu I can say dripping nose but not too much for about a 3 days.

a smoker about two pack a day (40) for long

Not eating very well from wednesday due to the bad news.

Abilio thanks a lot for your input. I am an ear, nose and throat specialist and wants to help you. First of all i am really sorry to hear about your wife. As far as your question is concerned, there can be few causes for your nose bleeding. Yes stress can be a factor. Stress can raise the blood pressure and can cause such nasal bleeding. The other cause can be simple rhinitis (nasal inflammation). I am suspecting this because of the nose dripping which you have for last few days. Many a times there is no cause found for the nasal bleeding. If you are worried about anything dangerous like cancer etc then i reassure you that please don't stress yourself because with just one episode of nasal bleeding and in the absence of symptoms you have mentioned, we can't suspect anything serious. Ideally you should visit ER to get yourself examined but if you can't do it now for any reason then keep yourself under observation and if you get a re bleed, just sit down, pinch your nose tightly and breath through open mouth for ten minutes. Most of the nasal bleeding stop this way. OTC tab claritin once daily can help nose dripping. I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Dr Hasan,

Will consult you again if something happen again,

You are most welcome. I am always here to assist you, please feel free to ask me anything any time. Regards