Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

My 17 yr old son came home from school complaining of stomach

My 17 yr old son came home from school complaining of stomach pain in his upper abdomen. He had no other symptoms initially until just about an hour ago he started feeling nauseated and finally vomited a few minutes ago. He says the pain is gradually becoming worse. Upon questioning him further he finally said he had tried a few times today to go to the bathroom but hasn't been able to have a normal BM, only very small amounts. Is it safe to give him a laxative to see if the discomfort and nausea could be caused by constipation?
Hi. My name isXXXXX and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

How long has he been feeling his way?

Does he have any medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

I see you are offline.

I would suggest that you take him in to the doctor for a complete exam. Better safe than sorry.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry I missed your response. We ended up going to the emergency room and it was his appendix. He had an appendectomy that night! Glad we went...Thanks anyway, I appreciate your response.

As a father of 5 myself I am glad you got him into surgery before his appendix ruptured.

I hope he feels better soon :)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.