Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I have a fungal infection on my big toe and have been prescribed

I have a fungal infection on my big toe and have been prescribed methylprednisolone and have just taken 3 out of 7 day 4 mg tablets (21 ea), and also take high blood pressure medicine (Micardis). It was given for sinus infection?
Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

What is your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Should I kept taking all this medicine when it says on drug info sheet that you shouldn't take methylprednisolone with a fungal infection or high blood pressure, also this montelukast sure has a bunch of side affects that sound downright terrible?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I replied, and you haven't answered any questions !!
Rebecca,

I am not a computer. After a 11 hour day in the clinic I had to take a moment to eat dinner with my family...but I am eating the brownies my Granddaughter made here at the computer while I type.....

Many times doctors will prescribe medication together to get a specific effect. Even though the package insert or Dr. Google may say that you shouldn't do this, the things you read from these sources are in many cases only general recommendations.

As long as your doctor knows you are on these medications together and is watching you closely, everything should be OK.

In my practice, for example, I inject a drug directly into patients eyeballs and, right in the drug information, it says it is for cancer treatment only.....

This is how progress is made in modern medicine -- drugs being used where they work rather then only where the drug company or government says to use them. :)

So. What is the take home message? Do not worry. Just continue to follow up as scheduled with your doctor and take the medication as she instructs.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS