Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

So, yesterday I felt this wave of gas hit my stomache, I knew

So, yesterday I felt this wave of gas hit my stomache, I knew it was gonna be bad bc I could feel it moving around in there, and couldnt pass gas immediately. So I went through the whole day with your typical gas discomfort, eating seem to make it worse. Now, here I am, the next day, I have had a bowel movement, and Im belching more than normal, and the gas pain is STILL there. Is it normal for gas pains to persist that long? Or, could the gas have been a symptom of possible consuming something bad and the stomache pain is just an added discomfort from it. I mean, surely its not stomache cancer or anything seriuos like that? (I have health anxiety), Im only 28.

NOTE: Please do not use the chat system, it doesnt work on my computer.
Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

Yes. Gas pains can hang around for quite some time. This is not unusual. It could be from something you ate.

The good news? It is very, very unlikely to be anything serious and for sure it is not a sign of stomach cancer.

You can try taking some gas-x or other OTC product.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS