Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

Hi, my partner has had pains on the low mid left side of

my partner has had pains on the low mid left side of his stomach and in his chest , he hasnt been able to eat or drink anything since saturday morning it all comes back up, hes spewed up a little bit of blood aswell. Weve been to the hospital twice and had all his bloods and a cat scan and everything has come back fine. Doctors say that it may just be inflamation in his stomach and gave him a prescription for omeparazole? hes been on the medication for 2 days but doesnt seem to be working? please is there anything else that it could be or something else he could take tomake it go away?
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.

I am sorry that your partner is going through this.

he needs to see a GI specialist right away. he might have an H Pylori infection in the stomach which is causing excessive stomach acid. omeprazole by itself would not correct this. this needs to be tested for.

he needs also some imaging tests like a barium swallow study or a direct endoscopy scope procedure by the GI specialist down his esophagus to see why he is not been able to eat or drink anything. he could have scar tissue in his esophagus blocking his esophagus.

is he able to swallow his own saliva?

what dose of omeprazole has he tried? 40mg?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you so much i think i will take your advice and do that.

yup hes able to swallow his own saliva but thats about it, hes only on 20mg

I would call his doctors up and ask if he can go up to 40mg of omeprazole which is the prescription strength. 20mg is the weak over the counter strength of pepcid ac.

and I would get him referred to a GI specialist right away to see about an upper endoscopy scope down his esophagus to see what might be going on.

best of luck to you and him

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please click accept and leave positive feedback below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

Thanks for using