DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I often have periods of chronic yawning one right after the

I often have periods of chronic yawning one right after the other and often continuing for 10 to 15 minutes. It always causes my sinus to drain. Although I only and regularly get about 5 hours of sleep a night, I do not feel tired or lack energy. Could such chronic yawning be a symptom of some kind. I noticed that my mother experiences the same thing but she gets adequate and regular sleep.
Hello from JA
Thanks for requesting me
Any other problems?
Lung problems
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry for the delay. Bathroom break. No. No other problems that I recognize. My lungs are fine. No relevant family history identified that may be related. I do seem to cramp up more than usual in my lower extremities but that may be due to exercise.

OK
I don't see any type of severe problem here.
This can simply be due to stress or anxiety.
It can be a normal response.
the fact that it drains your sinuses might mean that it is even a healthy response.

So from my standpoint, other than a physical if you have not had your yearly...nothing critical.

Please let me know if you have further questions.
Please don’t forget a positive rating.