Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

Hello Dr. Thomas, This is Theomese. Thank you again for all

Hello Dr. Thomas,
This is Theomese. Thank you again for all of your help. I have taken your advice and gone to a PM&R doctor from the list that you had provided for me. This PM&R doctor found that I have a pinched nerve in my neck just like how you had said. Your diagnosis of my condition was correct :) I am currently taking therapy there. The doctor also told me that I have a slight curve near the center of my spine. Also my MRI came back saying that I have extra fluid in my brain due to a narrowing of the vessel in my brain. As a part of my therapy the PM&R doctor gives me traction for my neck and also gave me a Tens Unit for home use. I am concerned about the tens unit because it says it is for chronic pain. I did not go to the doctor for chronic pain. I went to her to alleviate the pressure on the pinched nerve in my spine and to stop the twitching in my face. I was wondering would it be safe for me to also go to a chiropractor to help straighten out my spine?
Thank you
Theomese
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA
The TENS unit can be used temporarily.
It is a good non drug way of treating pain and goes well with your other therapy.

Please let me know if you have further questions.
Please don’t forget a positive rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can you address my question concerning the chiropractor?

Do not use a chiropractor unless approved by the PM&R doctor.
Some chiropractors can make this type of neck problem worse.
Please don’t forget a positive rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I also would like to know what can my mother do concerning her hip and knee. Because she is a polio survivor. The polio is slanting from the left hand to the right leg. She would like to know what doctor she can go to fix her knee and hip in terms of surgery? She would also like to know if she can transfer the fat from one leg to the other leg to balance out her body.

She can not transfer the fat.
She should first see the same doctor you are seeing.
This would figure out if she needs surgery or just the correct therapy.
If she needed surgery the PM&R doctor would have a good referral.

Please don’t forget a positive rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My mother and I thank you again for all your help. We will follow your advice.

Theo

You are welcome anytime theo
Any questions.
dt

Please don’t forget a positive rating.
Experience: Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
thanks