Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Who are the best all on four implantologists in Portland,

Who are the best all on four implantologists in Portland, Oregon?  I.E. the ones with the least complications for the best price.  I need a full mouth extraction, with as many as 5 molar implants extracted and bone grafted.  

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name isXXXXX and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

How far can you travel for treatment?

Will you be using dental insurance?

Why do you need a full mouth extraction?

Do you have any medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I prefer a Portland, OR area dentist for aftercare complications. I do not have insurance. I am thinking a all in four or six is the best option, since every natural tooth under each crown (and all of them are crowned) is degenerating at a frighteningly rapid rate. I am certain it is due to some iatrogenic toxin that somehow gained access to my mouth--there is no doubt about this, please accept it this fact on its face value. The problem is that with an all in four or six every tooth and maybe every implant (I have 5) must be extracted for this method. There is a dentist in Las Vegas that does these in volume, but I am skeptical of complication-care afterwards. I do have osteopenia, but I think only the 5 implant extractions would absolutely have to have bone grafts (app $500 each). This is an enormous cost after I have already spent a fortune on my teeth. A payment plan might be needed.

Dale,

I agree with your concerns about after care should you travel to Las Vegas. This is a large undertaking and, unless you could stay in the Las Vegas area (which could be fun ;) for your entire post-op course, you are wise to seek help near home.

Along those lines, Dr. Goldwyn is an excellent periodontist and, while it is hard to say who is the "best" he is very, very good. You would not be able to obtain better care anywhere else. He and his staff would also take fantastic care of any post-op issues you may have.

My Uncle, who is a Periodontist with 31 years experience, has met Dr. Goldwyn and also recommends him highly.

Here is how you can contact Dr. Goldwyn:

http://www.portlandperiodontics.com/

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC