Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

question for dr. rick only.............. why do my headaches

question for dr. rick only.............. why do my headaches , an back spasms get worse when i walk? dizziness ect....... THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR EVERYTHING......
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 11 months ago.

Dr. Rick, MD :

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

Dr. Rick, MD :

That is an excellent question and, even after everything we have discussed, I have to say with all honesty......I don't know.

Dr. Rick, MD :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

i reprimanded 3 drs.for their innappropiate manner of bad behavior toward myself. does the medical board take all patients complaints seriously? also patients sign hippa rights of privacy? if this is the case then why do other drs. get your medical report before you even get an appt. with a new physician. where is the privacy there? an why do staff members of the drs. office know all about your medical problems ? this is not privacy in my world........ another issue, do all drs. stick together when someone reprimands one within the same group of drs. an how will i be treated after ? i dont think it can be any worse as i am red flagged already by every physician in my area, the reason i am flagged is because the drs. have not been able to help me with my issues, an therefore i became a chronic complainer in which there is several patients like myself having this issue . why does this happen? sorry for so much questions just want to know what i am in for? because i have stage 3 lung cancer can i be denied medical care now?

Karen (your name is still listed as Kathy :(

Yes. The board takes each and every patient complaint seriously. Every complaint is assigned to an investigator and the issue is followed up.

HIPPA does not, I think, apply to doctor to doctor sharing when it comes to providing continuing patient care. This is also true with medical staff etc.

I would hope that you could obtain care for your lung cancer. If you can't then something is not right and you need to do exactly what you are doing....complain to the governing body.

Another option is to hire a lawyer to advocate for you.

I'm sorry to hear about all the trouble you are facing just trying to get the medical care you deserve.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

question for you? i see jaggered light on the sides of my vision like lightening mostly right eye what does this mean. . just started today . i also had allergies today so bad i can barely speak. it affects my voice an i get dizzy an lightheaded an tired. anyway whats this?>

Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 10 months ago.
Karen,

This is not a sign of anything terrible. Let me explain:

What you are describing is consistent with ocular migraines, a condition that I not only treat in my office but that I have been dealing with personally for decades.
A typical migraine headache starts with shimmering lights, often times they surround a blurry area or have dots or jaggedly lines associated with them. They tend to progressively increase in intensity and sometimes march across the visual field causing difficulty with reading. Many times this is then accompanied by nausea, irritability, sensitivity to bright lights and/or loud noises. After the onset of the lights (called scintillating scotomas), the headache typically starts and the light show tends to progressively go away.
Many people can have this migraine phenomenon WITHOUT the headache; it is called an acephalgic migraine. Some people even start having these late in life, or may have had a few much earlier in life that behaved differently and haven't had any for decades and then begin to have them; this is not uncommon. A family history of migraines is often present as well.
This is nothing to worry about. It is not a sign of a more serious underlying condition, brain tumor or anything like that. If the episodes become so frequent that they are bothersome there are medicines that can be used to decrease their frequency or stop an episode once it has started.
I, personally, have been suffering from this condition for almost 30 years. I almost never got the headaches after the visual effects.
There was one time, I was in the middle of a very delicate retina operation, when an attack started. After a few moments I lost most of my central vision and the inferior part of my visual field. I, calmly, removed my surgical instruments from the patients eye and we all sat around in the OR for 15 minutes until my vision returned. Other than that my ocular migraines have not really caused me any significant problems :o)

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

hi rick, its me i think i have allergies that are making me dizzy, seems when the weather is windy an dry , i get like a head cold .loss of voice, vision is not right, head feels swollen inside , inside a store i feel ok but out doors so dizzy can barely walk disoriented in my head. i took a half clariton an still feel dizzy , what can i do to rid this , i hate this dizziness, ears feel full an nose feel inflamed . neck in spasm an eyes real tired . is this allergies or something else.

Kathy,

With your continued issues and new symptoms I think the best thing for you to do would be to consult with either your regular MD or an allergist.

At this point I feel you are going to need something stronger then what you can buy without a Rx.

Let me know how things turn out. I hope you feel better soon :)

Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

u r smart dr. i used to get this right side stomach discomfort an dizziness with it, i thought at one point it was acid reflux an had been taking prilosec but it is acting up again an i am dizzy again an i still take prilosec daily but it is back what can this be? i also have had bleeding in stool, it hurts to go to bathroom for 2 months now. ,i had internal hemroids a few yrs, ago i think it may be just that. but what can the stomach issue be an i also have vision trouble with this my upper back neck in spasm since i been knitting again, headache also an do u think this may be just tight muscles so sick again was ok for about a month. .ITS BACK ... not happy.

Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 9 months ago.
Kathy,

With bleeding in your stool, pain with going to the bathroom and all your other symptoms you need to see you MD on Monday morning.

Time to stop messing with this on your own. :(

Have a good weekend.

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

hi dr. went to dr. the bleeding was from internal hemroids , an my dr. switched my prilosec for nexiom . headaches an back pain neck spasms an disoriented caused from cervicalgenic spondylosis .i am seeing a specialist next week for these so called severe migraines.something to do with the nervous system. been worse for the past month . doing another pet scan next month also. . hope all is well with u ttys thanks

Kathy,

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that the source of the rectal bleeding has been found and it is nothing life threatening.

I'm sorry, on the other hand, to hear of the other difficulties you are having. I hope the specialist figures things out and you are better soon.

Take care and have a good weekend.

Dr.Rick
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

hi dr. rick, ..........what causes right side head spasm , vision trouble, an upper right side back so tight spasm i guess an upper right side stomach pain ,making me sick an dizziness an comes an goes an disoriented . one time it was h.py lori, an antibiotics took it away an another time it was lung cancer same side . caused this, sweats with it also. i am doing a pet scan in a few weeks . hopefully not cancer. it was 3 yrs. today....is this a migraine or cancer or what......very disoriented again.

Kathy,

I would not rush to blame it on a recurrence of your cancer. That being said it does sound like something more then your average migraine......

It is very hard to tell what it might be -- hopefully the PET scan and other tests will shed some light on the issue.

Let me know how things turn out.

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

i just want to thank you before i rate you . i believe you relate well with your patients . your expertise is well above average in handling some people. thanks for not stressing me out as i am already depressed with these symptoms. i will let you know how things turn out .i hope all is ok with you an your family. an thanks again i shall rate an pay now....have a great day.............

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

hi dr. . havent talked to u in a while . anyway. still in remission with cancer. but debilitating fatigue, an severe back muscle weakness an balance trouble an vision trouble. i feel this way everyday. not anybetter. off balance with movement of head same stuff maybe 2 days a month i feel half normal. i cannot walk or stand long without this weak an disoriented feeling in head. can migraines be this. why doesnt any dr. understand this. i am doin physical therapy for hip pain in right side low back started 2 weeks ago cannot lift leg without pain in lowback hip . under eyes bags an my b12 level was high do u know anything about this again. sorry i didnt getr back to u needed more funds. ttys hope all is ok with u an your family. ttys.

Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 5 months ago.
Hi Kathy,

You caught me watching the winter Olympics.

I am glad to hear that your cancer remains in remission and....no, I do not think migraines can cause all the symptoms and difficulties you are experiencing.

From what you have posted it seems that your best option is to continue with your PT and hope for the best. Once again, it never hurts to get a second opinion from a new medical team to see if there is something else that can be done.

That being said, from all we have discussed in the past, it seems that you are in good hand but, unfortunately, suffer from a difficult situation. :(

My family is fine. My Granddaughter just turned one and is getting into everything. Thank you for asking :)

Have a good evening.

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

happy for you, an thanks for answering all my questions. i come to the conclusion this is fibromyalgia, m.s. or hormones . an maybe debilitating migraines. that is all this could be. although debilitating. cannot walk straight an head is disoriented at times. during internal inflammation . i just emailed the mayo clinic in jacksonville fla. maybe they will come up with something if i can get an appt. i will wait this is going on too long. i thank you for all your comments keep well enjoy your family an have a great life. do all u can while u r healthy cause life is so very short........thanks

Kathy,

I hope the folks at Mayo can see you soon and offer you some relief.

Life, and health, are unfortunately too short. You are absolutely correct.

Have a good week.

Dr. Rick MD FACS