Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

I have always had very shaky hands and feel very anxious at

I have always had very shaky hands and feel very anxious at times when i feel someone is watching me. I can remember back as far as third grade almost being spastic when called to be in front of the class. This condition has caused me so much embarrassmeant, and has affected my ability to further in my line of work. I could accept a diagnosis of performance anxiety but I seem to have been this way even as a young child.
Hello from JA

I am Dr. Thomas, double board certified doctor, and I will help you with this and any follow up questions.

Anxiety can be life long.
What stands out is that you have had not treatment.

For example, your doctor could give you a dose of propanalol, a beta blocker, to use before "performance" situations. If this works, that is likely a possible cause.

Cognitive behavioral therapy can help one overcome anxiety.

of course you need an exam and all routine labs, thyroid studies and further assessment if anything is found.

Please let me know if you have further questions.
Please don’t forget a positive rating.