Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

Dr David..I posted a question a few hours ago for an Oncologist

Dr David..I posted a question a few hours ago for an Oncologist to help me with...Could you maybe have a look for me ?
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.

yes, I am here.

you are asking about gyn cancers?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I did....This is what I posted:

I had a bad pap smear in March of 2012 which came back with Squamis cells ..I had a repeat pap done that same year in November 2012 that then came back showing HSIL..Then I lost my insurance for several months...Got it back..then it took a while to find an OBGYN who could take me...I am finally set up for a Leep to be done in 2 weeks..I was wondering how high of a risk that they may find cancer at this point?

I would have asked you this before when we spoke but I didnt realize you were an Oncologist.

I think the chances of you having cervical cancer would be low.

cervical cancer is still rare in the USA

about 12,000 cases a year only.

you said you weren't having any abnormal bleeding correct?

so chances of cervical cancer would be low.

good luck on the LEEP. I'm sure you will do fine.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well my periods have been bad since my last baby which was 5 yrs ago..He was a C section..and my uterus just seemed to not go back to normal after that delivery...Very bad bleeding with every period since then...Occasionally I will get a few normal ones here and there but not often enough..I've had ultrasounds and they never saw anything abnormal other then a small fibroid but I was told it was so small and in the wrong place to be causing me bad periods...But no bleeding between periods and no pain with intercourse...

Just to say that maybe it has progressed to cancer in these past several months that I didnt have insurance to have the HSIL it more likely that the cancer would still be confined to my cervix and not have spread?

yes, if you had cancer, it most likely would have been confined to your cervix.

but I bet the LEEP will only show dysplasia or some HSIL cells.

your body's immune system can keep the abnormal cells from progressing into cervical cancer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok Thank you so much Dr David ...You are always very nice to me and I really appreciate that :)

Take care

LeAnne :)

you are welcome

let me know what the LEEP shows

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please click accept and leave positive feedback below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

Thanks for using