Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Have you had much experience with massive panic attacks? Ive

Have you had much experience with massive panic attacks? I've been holding back a back of negative emotions that have been slowly building and wham bam, I have gone into the earth's mental hell of a out of control panic attact, had to stop the bus run around like a banchee in circles with my brain exploding, imploding, hyper ventilating, etc. Total chaos. Last time I had a full fledged one that has now lasted over 2 days I swore I wouldn't put myself or anyone around me through something like that again, laying in a fetal position on a bed, can't talk, etc., just groan and wish someone would put me out of this misery.

I'm Camille, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that we have a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Camille

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. Thank you for your patience.

This sounds like a very significant panic attack. I am glad that your wife is there to help you.

I think that your best course of action is to have your wife take you to the Emergency room where the ER doctor can help you and, perhaps, get a psychiatric consult at the same time.

Why a psychiatrist? Not because you are "crazy". Panic attacks are real but, rather, because they have extensive training in dealing with these sorts of issues, especially after all medical causes have been ruled out.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC