Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

somedays I can walk fine but other days I can hardly stand

somedays I can walk fine but other days I can hardly stand and when I do I wobble to the point I better sit fast
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.

I am sorry you are having such unstable walking and standing.

this could be due to a temporary pinched nerve in your spine from a herniated disk. this can be checked for by a neurological exam.

you should see a neuroloigst and get a neurological exam of your legs and see why you are having temporary instability of your legs.

sometimes weakness of the muscles of the legs can cause this as well. physical therapy and strengthening exercises can sometimes help this.

when was the last time you saw your doctor and talked about your instability of your legs?

have you had an MRI scan or neurological exam by your doctor?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have had a dull pain in my legs and arms for several years now. My MD
has reduced my lipitor to 40mg instead of 80mg -took about a year to where I feel a little better. I did have a heart attack about 12 yrs. ago as well as prostate cancer. all kinds of meds. totally no energy to do much. I started getting these red rings on my arms - they take so long to go away. the wobbly thing scares me because I will go down also I have a painful rotor cuff tear

I am so sorry you are having so many health issues.

the dull pain in your legs could be due to arthritis in your spine or a herniated disk pressing on nerves.

with your history of heart attack and high cholesterol, you could have poor circulation in your legs as well causing the weakness and instability. you need a doppler ultrasound of your legs to check for peripheral vascular disease and poor circulation.

the skin lesions might need a skin culture or biopsy to diagnose.

are you willing to get a spine MRI scan?