Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution

My sister is having many symptoms that I believe are stress

My sister is having many symptoms that I believe are stress related, She is going through a lot with her mom having a stroke and taking care of her six year old son, and watching over her mom as her mom recovers... Her symptoms are: 2 months without a period( no possibility of pregnancy) hair falling out, extreme fatigue, muscle pain. My question is : Is there anything to be extremely worried about to take action? She is in otherwise good health, no smoking, no drinking, no medications she takes....Tatiana ( my sister) is 29 years old. Any advise? One problem is she has no health insurance at the moment

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing Internal Medicine Physician. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this question

I'm very sorry to hear about your sister and her mother having a stroke

It could certainly be stress related.

However, two common things in young females that can cause all of this are thyroid and anemia.

Has she had these tested?

If not, I would request her primary doctor test for these.

That is where I would look. If those are normal, it is probably stress

I hope this helps. If you have more questions, just reply. :)
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)