Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

Ive been having some sinus pain and head aches that are coming

I've been having some sinus pain and head aches that are coming 2x a week. I have some swelling in my tonsils as well as my bottom gums (slight). I've also noticed below my bottom teeth, kind of under them behind my lips the Gums are darker than usual, almost purple. I have pressure over my top teeth, also. My ears hurt occasionally and I also find my throat hurting or feeling generally irritated off and on and sometimes feels like I have something stuck in it or like there is constant dripping from my nose into it. One other thing my lower jaw, under my ears feels almost bruised to the touch or web I stretch my neck to the side. I am assuming this may be allergies or sinus issues but I smoke occasionally (more so than usually lately) and wanted to make sure It wouldn't be anything more alarming.
It can be bacterial sinus infection
Have you been examined?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, I haven't. I do not have medical insurance at the time so I thought I would wait it out a week or so and see if it subsides at all.

But you might need antibiotics.
Can you go to urgent care?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can, yes. I will if it does not go away. I was more concerned about the redness of my gums. I am knd of paraniod to be honest and just wanted to make sure this isn't something extremely urgent. I don't have a runny nose or anything like that, but I was almost positive it was a sinus infections because I have had many in the past.

No redness of the gums can be from stress, anxiety..but also you should have your blood pressure and your sinuses checked.

Gum infection would be very painful...don't think it is that.

probably sinus.

I would also suggest calling the health department and enrolling in a neighborhood clinic..they are on sliding scale.

Please let me know if you have further questions.
Please don’t forget a positive rating.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank You, Dr.

Stress and anxiety are my middle names.

I will be sure to go to Urgent Care this weekend.

Good luck
Please don’t forget a positive rating.