Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

What happens if you swallow some of the Plus White 5 minute

What happens if you swallow some of the Plus White 5 minute premier whitening system speed whitening gel? On the bottle it says to call poison control center.
Welcome to justanswer and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

How long back this incident happened?
Have you used this whitening system in past?
Do you have any symptoms at this time?
Are you feeling dizzy?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It happened just a few minutes ago. not dizzy. Have used this a few times in past, but never swallowed it. Has a headache

Dear Wanda, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I can understand your concern.

Well, Usually the whitening gel will not harm you in the quantities swallowed under normal use.
The ingredient used to whiten / bleach teeth is Carbamide Peroxide, it is a stabilized form of Hydrogen Peroxide which is a natural compound found in nature.

If you swallow the gel during your routine whitening - This is HARMLESS in these quantities.
If ingested in large quantities , then contact physician immediately.

It is common to swallow such small quantity during this procedure. This would usually not cause any side effects.
This is normal and, except for the taste, there are no hazards for most people who swallow small amounts of gel.

Any accidental swallowing should not be harmful as because it should not be much. Normal quantities should be safe and should not give you any reason to worry.

For mild headache, you can take Tylenol.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you !! Wink

Dear Wanda,

Most welcome and Thanks for using justanswer.com
Good luck and take care.