Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Im 21 and I hit puberty at age 15 but my penis never grew

I'm 21 and I hit puberty at age 15 but my penis never grew its still like about a 12 year old why :(
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

Do you have any problem in erection?
Is there any known medical illness?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I do not have a problem with erection and no medical illness .I got a beard and chest hair and all but my penis grew a little but not like a man I'm just to embrassed to visit a doctor can puberty just stop ?

Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Dear Efren,
Thank you for the reply.

Also can you tell me the size of your penis in erect or in flaccid state?Any one of them?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Its about 5 or 6 inches erect and width its about 1 in and on soft its 1 and a half width little smaller then a inch

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can it be that I'm missing testosterone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You still there?

Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Dear Efren,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

The good news I have for you that your penis size is normal & you need
not to feel embarrassed or depressed regarding this.

Most of human penis growth happens between infancy and the age of five, and between about one year after the onset of puberty and, at latest, approximately 17 years of age.

Penis growth starts between the ages of about 10 to 14 years of age.Penis gradually get longer and thicker during puberty: this phase can start in the early teens and end in the twenties.Some people start earlier,some start later, and some people finish this process earlier than others.

The average adult penis size is about 5.4 inches.This is average size.

An adult penis with an erect length of less than 7 cm or 2.76 inches but otherwise formed normally is referred to in a medical context as having a condition called micropenis.So if your size of penis is less then 7 cm only then there is cause of concern.

The average penis measures somewhere between 3 and 5 inches (or about 8 to 13 centimeters) when not erect, and between 5 and 7 inches (13 to 18 centimeters) when erect.

A penis is considered abnormally small only if it measures less than 3 inches (or about 7 centimeters) when erect, a condition called micropenis.

The thing is that in some individuals it may grow early in puberty & while in others it may grow late.Overall the size should be within normal range at adult age which you have now.

So considering your size of penis which is between 5 or 6 inches,I conclude that your penis size is absolutely normal.You need not to worry & get embarrassed for this.Your penis size is absolutely normal.There is no need to visit the doctor for this issue.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

But when its not erect its only 1 inch or little bigger not past 2 inches .but I know for a fact its not normal my girlfriend says it smaller then normal.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can testosterone pills help finish my puberty cause I think it just stop

Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Dear Efren,
I am happy to get back to reply you.

You do not have micropenis.

Men with 'micropenis' however, are very few indeed because this condition only exists when the male hormone, testosterone, is not present in sufficient quantities.The condition is usually recognized shortly after birth. It is a rare condition that occurs in about 0.6% of males.

Only erect lengths are to be considered for the micropenis.You do not fall in this category.

Various research has shown that the average length of the erect male panis is just over five inches (12.8cm) which is probably smaller than most guys would think.

Being an 'average' however, half of all men will have a longer penis than average when erect and half will have a penis which is shorter than average. Both are 'normal' meaning that your size of erect penis is normal.

The flaccid size(when penis is not erect),is not to be considered for labeling a medical condition because it depends on various factors.

There are thousands of men out there who all believe their penis to be smaller than average and that they, as lovers, are under-enhanced.As I said above that size of penis grows maximum upto age of 17 & not beyond this.

To rule out micropenis or if you still have any doubts in mind or to keep your mind at ease-you can have your testosterone levels get check.

So I would like to conclude that your size of penis is absolutely normal & there is nothing of concern here.You can discuss all these details & data with your girl friend & I hope she will also understand these medical details.

Hope this helped.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience: M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi Efren

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Have you discussed the data with your girl friend?
Have you tested your testosterone levels?

Let me know,
Dr.Robert