Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

Hi Dr Singh, About a year ago I started getting these symptoms.

Hi Dr Singh,

About a year ago I started getting these symptoms. It started off as a pressure feeling in my right forearm with mild Tremors when I would pick up a phone or something light. It has now spread to the whole right side but I have noticed the muscles on my right are now following but it's slowly thinning I also get majority of the fasciculations on my right side, I'm right handed, so they should be bigger than my left side. Emg came back clear. Brain mri clean and blood tests normal. The muscle Thinning is inclusive of of the right side of my lips and tongue it's only mild but I can feel and notice it alot I feel as though I can't flex the muscle properly and my whole right side feels different, you could pretty much cut me right down the middle.
Even with going to the gym my left side is building muscle and the right side isn't. . Neuro doesn't seem to be concerned about it. But I am.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 10 months ago.

Hi. My name isXXXXX and I am online and available to help you today. Dr. Singh is not available at this time.Thank you for your patience.

Do you have any medical problems or take any medications?

Do you have any other symptoms?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I don't take any medications.

Basically, I work 12 hour minimum days, which is something I explained to the GP, and he tried to tell me it was depression or anxiety. But I havn't had a break from it.

I used to get vibration feelings, I mainly now just get fasiculations on my right side. Some on the left but not as much as the right.

The other thing that worries me is I'm right handed, but my left hand has started taking over, so instead of picking up a glass with my right hand I would then pick it up with my left. Realise that it didn't feel right and swap it. Same for chewing, I previously would have had a preference to the right side of my mouth, now I chew on my left.

It hasn't really progressed much, it just feels asthough the messages arn't getting to my right side to do what it's ment to.

Please Dr, I don't know what's going on with me.

Trent,

Thank you for that extra information.

At this point it sounds like you have spent quite some time trying to get to the bottom of what is going on. I am sure that your previous doctors have thought of, and ruled out, all of the common and easily treatable conditions that could be causing your issues. Would you say this is a correct statement?

It sounds like you have been receiving good care from very qualified physicians without any significant lasting improvement in your condition. At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

If you could tell me what large city you live near and how far it would be possible for you to travel in seeking treatment I would be happy to give you some names. Of course, you could also ask friends and associates or check the internet yourself. Let me know what you would like to do.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

I am sorry to see that you have given me a poor rating for the assistance I have provided. Ratings do not apply to system malfunctions...only to the quality of the expert.
I would ask that you give me a chance to provide you with further data so that you have the information you need to address your issue.
I would appreciate a good or excellent rating and will work hard to obtain it if given the chance.
Thank you.
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC