Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

MY MOTHER 89 MAY HAVE BONE MARROW CANCER WHAT IS THE TREATMENT

MY MOTHER 89 MAY HAVE BONE MARROW CANCER WHAT IS THE TREATMENT OR DURATION OF LIKE WITH THIS ILLNESS

Hi. My name isXXXXX and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

What makes you think she has bone marrow cancer?

What type do you think she has (there are a number of different ones)

Does she have any medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay i just found the cause of the low hemoglobin she has a bleeding ulcer she has been given two transfusions now and her count is up to ten i was informed the high calcium was an indicator of bone marrow cancer she is taking meds for the high calcium I'm not sure what . she is getting a colonoscopy

today friday 8/23/13 at 3:pm she only takes benicar for high blood pressure which also has a water pill in it she has had a bladder scan no water retention normal bladder function indicated her kidney level if low i did not get to speak to the doctor yesterday to find out what that means she was taking alleve and motrin for her back and pelvic fracture will led to the ulcer and severe constipation so that is where i am right now no weight loss her appetite was okay for someone 89 until the constipation also i was told was caused by the high calcium levels

Bernadine,

Although I am sorry to hear that your mother has a bleeding ulcer and required transfusions for blood loss I am glad to that the reason for her low blood count has been found.

Even though she has high calcium levels on a blood test, I would not rush to think she has bone marrow cancer.

From what you have posted it seems like she is getting excellent care and should be back on her feet soon.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS