Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

Which essential brands do you recommend? Some brands advertise

Which essential brands do you recommend? Some brands advertise that they are "certified therapeutic" (what does this mean?) and others say organic. Could you please tell me if possible if the following brands are preferable: Mountain Rose Herbs, Edens Garden, Planet Therapy, and Aura Cacia. They all say they are pure and undiluted. I am wanting to stay away from the multi-level marketing essential oils because it seems like most of the money is going to pay fees rather than for the actual oil. Also, would oils from India be a concern? I have heard sanitation there is not good.

Hi. My name isXXXXX and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Do you have any medical problems or take any medications?

What essential brands have you already tried?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't have any medical issues, but would like to begin using essential oils for medicinal purposes. I take vitamins and herbs, but no medications. I have used one oil from Young Living and two from Mountain Rose. I'm just wondering what are the reputable brands. They all advertise as 100% pure (some say "organic" others say "certified therapeutic grade") but differ quite a bit in price.

You can not go by what these essential oil companies say on their advertisements as all they are interested in doing is selling their product.

That being said, Young living and Mountain Rose are well respected brands and you can trust their products. I also like the products I get from Aura Cacia. If you are interested in organic essential oils I recommend those by aromappeal which are available on

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

I was thinking about you and wondering if those essential oils are working well for you.

Dr. Rick