DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

Dr. Thomas, As you know one of my questions was regarding the

Dr. Thomas, As you know one of my questions was regarding the medications Trazodone and Alprazolam. I've been prescribed 75Mg of Trazodone as a sleep aid while I also have a prescription for 0.5Mg Alprazolam to reduce anxiety/panic attacks. I don't think they can be taken together but I was wondering what would be a safe time interval if both are taken?

Dr. Thomas, MD :

Hello
They can be taken together, as long as your doctor is supervising.
The combination can increase sedation and the medicines can interact in that way.

So if you spread them apart, say 6 hours at least, there is less chance of this.

This is considered a moderate drug interaction, so they can be taken together with caution.

As prescribed by your doctor.
Please let me know if you have further questions.
Please don’t forget a positive rating.

Hello

As prescribed by your doctor.
Please don’t forget a positive rating.