Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

I am supposed to take 300 MG of Trazedone daily for sleep and

I am supposed to take 300 MG of Trazedone daily for sleep and also 10mg of Lunesta and 40 mg Citalopram. I have also been subscribed to Hydrocodone 7.5 or maybe that is 750 mg I am not sure. But I accidentily took two of the Hydrocodone's with the other prescribed medicine. Will that cause a problem for me. It was a mistake but I don't want to hurt myself.

My Name isXXXXX
I would really appreciate some advice if you can help me.
Thanks your for your time
Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Whenever someone takes multiple medicines that can cause sedation, there is a risk of excessive sedation. However, these medicines are commonly used together, and as long as the medicines are increased gradually, there is usually no risk associated with using such medicines in combination.

In your case, since you were already taking these other medicines, there is typically no problem with taking a single extra dose of hydrocodone. It may make you sleepy, but this is not a problem if you are going to sleep. Obviously, you should not perform any activities that require alertness, such as driving.

The other issue with hydrocodone is that you should not exceed the daily amount of the hydrocodone, but that is more because of the acetaminophen component. If you have taken an extra dose, then there should be a longer period until the next dose, so that the amount taken within 24 hours does not exceed the maximum dose.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.