Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

About two weeks ago i had a stomach pain that really started

About two weeks ago i had a stomach pain that really started hurting bad between my ribs in the soft area of my upper abdomen, i went to the ER and they did blood work and an EKG and said it all looked good. I do not have my appendix or gallbladder. Lately I have been having sharp or aching pains in my chest that usually only last seconds. This has been going on for about 4 or 5 days. the pains move all over in my chest, I could have one on the left side for a few seconds and then I notice I will have one on my right side that will last a few seconds. They come and go and I usually can pinpoint where the pain is. What is this and what should I do?

Dr. Rick, MD :

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

Dr. Rick, MD :

Since you have had your gallbladder and appendix out you really need a good workup to figure out what is going on, especially since the visit to the ER didn't find anything and you are still having pain.

Dr. Rick, MD :

What could be causing this? You might have a retained gallstone in your common bile duct with secondary pancreatitis, GI infection, stomach ulcer, liver problems or even issues with your kidneys.

Dr. Rick, MD :

The only way for you to get to the bottom of what is going in is to have a complete examination your your internal medicine MD.

Dr. Rick, MD :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick, MD :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick, MD says:
6:53 PM
6:53 PM
6:55 PM
6:55 PM
The only way for you to get to the bottom of what is going in is to have a complete examination your internal medicine MD.
6:55 PM
Does this make sense to you?
6:56 PM

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you think it could be heart related? I had an egd in march and have acid reflux and small hiatus hernia.

Jason,

Yes, it is possible that it could be related to your heart. One thing in your favor saying that it is NOT your heart is the workup you got in the ER a few weeks ago.

But, remember. The ER only goes as far as to rule out immediate issues, ruling out a heart attack in progress, etc. This is not the same, nor as good as, a complete evaluation by your internal medicine doctor for this ongoing pain you are experiencing.

This pain is your body's way of letting you know that something is out of kilter. I think you should have a good checkup to be on the safe side.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.