Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

It has been nearly 4 months since I discontinued the use of

It has been nearly 4 months since I discontinued the use of anabolic steroids and testosterone. I used the substances for 12 weeks in relatively small doses, but the products came from questionable sources and it's very possible they were contaminated. Over the past 4 months, my bald scalp has gone from perfectly smooth to a very uneven surface with narrow grooves and slight rolling lumps. The grooves tend to be elliptical and toward the edges of the scalp. The condition appears to be getting worse over time. It does not appear to be cutis verticis gyrata. The dermatologist said these lumps are caused by the shape of my skull. My maxilla has also become enlarged. I have just been diagnosed with Papilledema and I'm scheduled for a lumbar puncture. I also have a sensation of tight skin on my face all of the time. I'm looking for direction on who can treat this condition.
We don't know the condition at this point.
Papiledema is an indication of possible pressure on the brain, but there are other conditions as well.
Have you had a scan of the brain?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

MRI of the brain showed a partial empty sella, but the report indicated an "unremarkable study". CT scan of the brain was normal.

What do your doctors say
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They are trying to schedule a lumbar puncture to determine ICP. I'm wondering if there can be any relationship between ICP and the scalp formations. I haven't really spoken to a doctor other than the dermatologist about the scalp. She didn't seem to think that there was any condition to treat. Nevertheless, I have been bald for over 12 years and I can see these formations are new and worsening.

This would not relate to bumps in your scalp
Bumps in the bone are generally part of the normal contour of the scalp.

they would not typically get worse.

I suggest you see a DO, doctor of osteopathy, as regular medicine is not going to accept that these bumps are changing or that they are a problem

However, a DO will be able to tell you if there is a cranial problem.

Please let me know if you have further questions.
Please don’t forget a positive rating.