Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

i recently had gallbladder surgery in which the gallbladder

i recently had gallbladder surgery in which the gallbladder was removed. This was last thursday the surgeon told me there was a lymphnode on the gallbladder. Today when i woke up and showered i found there were 3 lymphnodes or more under each arm swollen plus a bunch down in my pelvic area. What could this be?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 1 year ago.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Hello would you like to chat on this? Please type into your message box and press 'enter' or 'reply' to send the message so that we can have a live chat.

Customer:

yes

Dr. P. Jyoti :

hello

Dr. P. Jyoti :

do you have any fever, etc?

Customer:

hello

Customer:

no fever at all

Dr. P. Jyoti :

are the nodes tender?

Customer:

no

Dr. P. Jyoti :

there are a number of causes of such lymphadenopathy

Dr. P. Jyoti :

the most common cause is infections

Dr. P. Jyoti :

for swellings at different sites, autoimmune disorders are often the cause

Dr. P. Jyoti :

you now need to see your doctor for this

Customer:

after i got out of shower i didnt even no they were there til i felt under arm i thought it was a pimple but the same exact bumps are under each arm

Dr. P. Jyoti :

tests like fine needle aspiration biopsy may be needed for this

Dr. P. Jyoti :

discuss about this with your doctor

Dr. P. Jyoti :

blood tests are also needed to find your blood cell count, ESR, etc

Customer:

i have been havng my knuckles in my hands swell and the pan is awful

Dr. P. Jyoti :

discuss with your doctor about doing the ANA test which can detect autoimmune diseases

Dr. P. Jyoti :

that is very significant

Dr. P. Jyoti :

in that case, most likely is rheumatoid arthritis which can cause both this pain and the lymphadenopathy

Dr. P. Jyoti :

discuss about rheumatoid arthritis and other connective tissue disorders and autoimmune disorders with your doctor

Customer:

ok when i was in hosptal for surgery they were havng a really bad time fondng a vein for iv

Dr. P. Jyoti :

tests which are important for this include ESR, ANA and rheumatoid factor

Dr. P. Jyoti :

well, thats not related, just due to anatomy of your veins

Dr. P. Jyoti :

but you should approach your doctor and discuss all these aspects

Dr. P. Jyoti :

this will help get you an informed discussion

Dr. P. Jyoti :

take care

Dr. P. Jyoti :

any further questions?

Dr. P. Jyoti :

If the question has been answered to your satisfaction, you need to rate my service positively.

Rating system is the row of faces below - click on a happy face to give a good rating. Bonus is always welcome Thank you.
Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer:

can u tell me also if it wud cause face to turn blood red and real dry so dry it burns

Dr. P. Jyoti :

yes thats right, that may be associated

Dr. P. Jyoti :

you also need testing for female hormones

Dr. P. Jyoti :

any further questions?

Customer:

ok and what type of doc do i need to see to get the answer to these questions

Dr. P. Jyoti :

you can go to your family physician/primary care physician

Customer:

i had a complete hysterectomy

Dr. P. Jyoti :

they can refer you to a specialist if needed

Dr. P. Jyoti :

or if you want to go to a specialist directly, then go to an internal medicine specialist

Dr. P. Jyoti :

but it is usually best to go to a primary care physician first

Customer:

o ok wasnt sure on who to go to

Dr. P. Jyoti :

well, go to a primary care physician first would be my recommendation

Customer:

ok ty vm

Dr. P. Jyoti :

take care

Customer:

u also

Dr. P. Jyoti :

for the initial testing, because they are usually more easily and quickly accessible

Dr. P. Jyoti :

any further questions?

Customer:

no that will be it

Dr. P. Jyoti :

glad to help

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

I trust my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Bonus is always welcome - Thank you!

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.

Customer:

ty

Dr. P. Jyoti :

any further questions?

Dr. P. Jyoti :

You now need to give a rating if the answer has satisfied you and you have no more questions.
We are paid only when a positive rating is given.
Thanks.

Customer:

no further questions ty

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Ok. You now need to give a rating if the answer has satisfied you and you have no more questions.
Thanks.

Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience: 17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.