911DOC
911DOC, Board Certified Dr.
Experience:  Emergency Medicine Physician

I had a sharp pain in the left side of my chest and now I feel

Customer Question

I had a sharp pain in the left side of my chest and now I feel dizzy and nausous. Is this a concern?
Category: Medical
Expert:  911DOC replied 11 months ago.

911DOC :

Yes, it is.

911DOC :

I would feel a lot better if I had an EKG and could do an exam on you, but by themselves those symptoms are concerning.

911DOC :

standing by

Customer: My blood pressure is 133/83. What do you suggest
911DOC :

This service really should not be used in this manner. The fact is that you have three symptoms that could be associated with angina.... chest pain that may signal heart disease or heart attack... the only way to figure out if this is your heart or not is to be seen in the ER right now.

911DOC :

Everything else is simply a guess

911DOC :

you are a 53 year old male and those things alone put you at higher risk of heart disease

911DOC :

the chest pain with dizziness and nausea must be assumed to be a heart problem until it is proven not to be a heart problem.

911DOC :

standing by

Customer: Sorry did not mean to upset you thank you for your feedback
911DOC :

you did not upset me

911DOC :

it's just that

911DOC :

the only answer in this particular case is to tell you to see a doctor or go to the ER as soon as possible

911DOC :

and that is not why YOU are using the service

911DOC :

so it's a hard question

911DOC :

because to properly answer it requires labs and studies etc...

911DOC :

odds are this is not your heart

911DOC :

but when it comes to the heart it's dangerous to play the odds

911DOC :

standing by

Customer: Thank you for theinformation. I was just finding out if I needed to go to the er or not and you answered tha thank you
911DOC :

standing by

911DOC :

I see

911DOC :

I don't have much info on you but even if you were to tell me that you didn't smoke and had no family history of heart disease and were the picture of health these particular symptoms would prompt me to recommend that you go to the ER

911DOC :

do you have any final questions for me?

Customer: No this was helpful
911DOC :

good

911DOC, Board Certified Dr.
Experience: Emergency Medicine Physician