Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician

I am 26 years old. For the past year or two my stools have

I am 26 years old. For the past year or two my stools have been soft and flat on three sides like a triangular shape. I have not noticed any blood nor have experienced any pain while passing bowels.

Unsure if related but two other symptoms i've noticed is an excruciating pain which occurs maybe once or twice a month from between my leg in upper thighs (kind of between my anus and genitalia) which would normally would occur after urinating. Also another symptom maybe unrelated is while stretching I have a sharp muscular (I think muscular pain) in my lower left stomach which forces me to lay flat without moving until it passes.
Welcome to and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

What is your gender?
Do you have history of constipation or diarrhea?
Any test done for this symptom of stool?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am male and have not had a history of constipation or diarrhea nor ever had any test done for the symptom of stool.

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

The symptom you have described can be very normal.This shape of stool can be normal.But there can be certain causes that can also cause such flattened stool from one side/triangular shape.

This shape of stool can be due to presence of a polyp, clustering of cells that form on the lining of the intestine, or other obstruction that causes a narrowing of the elimination pathway.

Another condition that can cause such symptom is called as IBS.).It is not a disease. It’s a functional disorder, meaning that the bowel doesn't work, or function, correctly. Its causes are unknown.Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a problem that affects the large intestine.

The other two symptoms you have described seems to be most likely due to muscular causes & unrelated to this.Also your prostate issues has been ruled out.

As you do not have any other symptoms like blood in stool,pain during passage of stool,irregular bowel movements,diarrhea or constipation -there does not seem to be anything of worry here.

I do not seem anything of concern here for anything serious.But to rule out these conditions you need following tests:

-Stool examination
-Ultrasound of lower abdomen

So botXXXXX XXXXXne is that the symptoms you have described does not seem to be any disease or disorder but to rule out these causes,I advice you to make a consultation with your doctor so as to get these tests done & just rule out any underlying condition.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Hi JA customer

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Have you consulted the doctor?
Was these tests done?

Let me know,