Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution

hi DOC...I was a competitive bodybuilder for 20 years...years

hi DOC...I was a competitive bodybuilder for 20 years...years of heavy squats have left my discs in bad shape...i have chronic sciatica...the pain is doc gives me 120 norco a month to help with does help but not as much as i would this point i feel like i am addicted to pain meds...i am considering getting off and going on suboxone...the new doc wants me off norco for 24 hrs when i have my first question is what if i take suboxone for a day and dont like long do you have to wait to take norco again? can you take norco the next day? how many hours should you wait?
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing Internal Medicine Physician. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this excellent question

I'm sorry this happened to you. That must be very hard to be in that situation

You can take norco the next day.

The suboxone basically blocks the effect of the norco but also prevents withdrawal from it.

So once it wears off, the norco will have its old effect.

It should be a day or less on that.

I hope this helps.

If you have more questions, just reply. :)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thankyou so much there a set amount of time you should be off norco before you start suboxone? i usually feel withdrawal symptoms at 8 hrs and by 12 hr i feel more 24 hrs i feel pretty lousy

I would start when the withdrawal symptoms start
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)