Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

I hust had an anal sex with a guy; I was bottom. He assured

I hust had an anal sex with a guy; I was bottom. He assured me his HIV-; he did not cum. After the intercourse and he pulled his penise, I went to wash when I came and looked at the condom, it was broken into two havles. He claimed that it got broken when he was trying to remove it from his penise. I am so worried; what are the chances of me getting HIV if it actually broke inside of me; he used a massage oil instead of the normal lubricant, that wa a silly mistake from my side. please help; is there any number to call
Chances are approximately 1.4% from a single act of receptive anal sex if your partner was positive, that is based on pooled data.
So a fairly low risk , certainly not zero.

This figure can vary, other studies have been slightly higher.

if there is a concern, you can start retro viral drug prophylaxis if you do it within 72 hours.

This you can start in the ER, or call the health department to be directed to centers and offices.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget a positive rating.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I live in UAE, currently I am in UK for few days. I cannot get any treatment in UAE; my partner did not ejaculate and he claims to be HIV negative

If that is true there would be no risk.
However, if it is not true, then 1.4%.