Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

hello doctor i realy need help my dad is 61 years old and

hello doctor i realy need help
my dad is 61 years old and had a lung surgery 4 month ago and thank god it wasnt cancer when his doctor did his surgery he operated him in 4 different places in his body his neck ,under his right arm hid chest and the right of his lower back everything went well , 1 month after his surgery the pains started in his stomach and chest when he tries to describe the pain he says it feels like gaz that dosnt wanna come out so he cant release gaz and cant use the bathroom he went to all kind of different doctors non of them could help they put him on so many different medications non realy helped he also went for x ray,ultrasound,mri,blood tests,scanner,and many more everything is perfectly clear but his pain and sympthoms are only getting worse he's not being able to breath right and the stomach pain is worse day after day we realy need help his health is effecting all of us our hands are all tied up we don't know what to do please HELP us in anhyway
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.

I am so sorry you dad is having pain after his lung surgery.

he could have developed scar tissue in his chest around his esophagus and stamach which is causing his pain and gas symptoms.

has he seen a GI doctor? he might need an upper endoscopy scope procedure down into his stomach to check for problems and blockage.

I would also get a copy of his CT scan reports. I would be happy to review them with you.

did he have a CT scan?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hello he had 3 CT scans in the last 2 month his last one was a month ago and all the results are good we have all the results of his scans he also had 2 colonoscopy one done from his mouth and the other from the back if i need to send you a copy how can i send it to you ?

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you can attach the files here.

if you have the reports, you have to scan the reports into pdf or word file

or you can type the whole reports in here, but that can take a long time.

here are instructions to how to upload files

type a word in the textbox and highlight it

then select the "chain" icon above the textbox next to the paper clip

this opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file to upload
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i dont have them on me right now i will have them ready as soon as possible and have them sent to you but like i said all his results are good and dont think will help us in anyway what i realy think the problem is maybe they did some kind of mistake while my dad was in surgery and that may caused all these complications i dont know what lung surgery has to do with stomach pain and gaz and stool problems but like i said i will have them all sent to you when their ready and will take it from their

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
I would ask the surgeon to get a copy of the operative report

all surgery have a report of the surgery. lung surgery has to go through the upper abdomen sometimes.

also talk to the surgeon and ask them if they did something which caused excessive scar tissue from the surgery.

if antiotics were used in the surgery, he could have a c difficile infection of the bowels which can cause excess gas and diarrhea.

stool testing can check for c difficile toxin in the stools. this should be checked for.
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.