Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

white spots or dots on your penis. what is that and I should

white spots or dots on your penis. what is that and I should I treated it. the dots are small
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.

white spots or bumps around the head of the penis might be pearly penile papules which are benign.

white dots on your penis can simply be tiny collections of secretions from glands in the skin of the end of your penis. these are harmless and no treatment is needed.

how old are you?

how long have you had these dots on your penis?

are you willing to upload a photo of them?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear DR David,

I am 41 yrs old. I have just have this for two days now. How long before it will go away and is there anything I can take to remove it. It feels a little discomfort when my underwear rubs against it.

can you upload a photo of the dots

here are instructions

type a word in the textbox and highlight it

then select the "chain" icon above the textbox next to the paper clip

this opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file to upload
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

II can not up load a picture. What can I used to removed the pimple or small dots.

without seeing it, it is very difficult to make a diagnosis.

if the white dots are an early fungal infection, you might need antifungal cream

if the white dots are just secretions from your skin, it might come off with soap and water.

or they could be early warts from HPV in which case they have to run their course and your body's immune system will eventually get rid of them.

but I need to see them to better assess them

are they rough? early warts can be rough and bumpy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Dr David. they are very small dots and they are located near the top of the penis. I am not in massive pain, only when I touch it when I go to the bathroom. should I was more often until it goes away. Can I get the cream at the local pharmacy or do I need a prescription. how long before it goes away.

you can buy antifungal cream like clotrimazole 1% over the counter which you can try on the area to see if it is a funal rash. used twice a day for 7-10 days, this should get rid of any fungal infection. if clotrimazole 1% doesn't work, then it most likely is not a fungal rash.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

DR DAVID, CAN I HAVE SEX WITH MY GIRLFRIEND. I DONT WANT TO INFECT HER. I KNOW YOU SAID BEFORE ITS NOTHING HARMFUL. I JUST WANT TO DOUBLE CHECK, THATS ALL.

most likely it is not harmful.

better use a condom just to be on the safe side until you can show the spots to your doctor to see what they are.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please click accept and leave positive feedback below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com