Digestive issues! I've included all details.
Perfectly healthy 62 year-old male/ regular exercise/ great health numbers/ perfect blood pressure
/ very little alcohol/ IRON GUT-/ no medications (except 81 mg aspirin every-other-day- now stopped) and I take daily 1 multi-vit (Centrum-Silver) /1 saw palmetto for BPH/ 1 vitamin D3/ and 1 ea B-12 sublingual, every other day
1. No preexisting digestive issues- (had not thrown up since 1986)! but July 9th: put way too much ground cinnamon
in my breakfast oatmeal, ate it even though it was really punchy!: vomited apx 5 times within the next 10-30 minutes but was still able to go to work afterwards and basically back to normal in apx 24-36 hrs (drank straight ginger-ale a few days-which I usually do not do)…
2. July 22: Tried to reintroduce small amount of cinnamon to oatmeal: threw up 2-3 times, okay afterwards-went to work within the hour-sipped ginger-ale all day!! Basically, returned to normal.
3. Supper July 28: fried chicken, felt really bad right afterwards/ nausea /bloated/ lasted overnight and lingered next couple of days. Afterwards started noticing mild nausea in mornings (but still have not thrown up since the 2nd cinnamon episode 7/22/13). 7/30/13 got some aloe vera juice to help start repairing stomach lining, in case I had damaged it...
4. Since: No specific pain just occasional bloated feeling and very mild nausea-sometimes- tend to feel better in afternoons and worse in the mornings. Sleeping fine. Not much appetite…
5. 8/7/13 Ate black-beans with jalapeños and some red pepper-without thinking!!!- (felt immediate discomfort after I finished: bloated/ mild nausea/ general discomfort but not specific pain just an oh-crap-kind of gnawing feeling in my stomach-lasted several days!
6. 8/9/13 Went to health food grocery and got some Flax-seed oil, DGL (licorice tablets to chew before meals) to help repair my stomach lining, in case it's inflamed/ Started eating small qtys of brussel sprouts with boiled white potatoes/ or applesauce with banana every few hours. Still not much appetite but feel better right after eating. Burping and mild gas/ normal bow movements –normal color-…Still don’t feel quite right, but may be feeling generally a little better last 24 hours…! Blood pressure is normal (apz 120-65-ish). Lost about 6 lbs through entire ordeal (I weigh around 168 lbs now/ am 5’11”).. Thanks for your help! XXXXX XXXXX