Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution

I noticed that I have these two somewhat prominent lines on

I noticed that I have these two somewhat prominent lines on either side of my forehead. I only noticed it because I was looking in a mirror in my car but it looks like a square of my forehead is raised and I can feel the vertical bumps on either side with my hands. Is this something that is normal or I should be concerned about? I've just never noticed it before.

For what it's worth, I've been getting unexplained headaches for the last couple of weeks although they've died down a lot since they began.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 8 months ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing Internal Medicine Physician. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this excellent question

I suspect that this is likely how your skull is built and is nothing to worry about.

If it is symmetric on both sides, that makes it even more likely this is nothing to worry about

I would have the headaches checked out by your doctor but I don't think this is related

I hope this helps.

If you have more questions, just reply. :)
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Okay I won't worry about it. Does the skull have bones that expand when the pressure inside the brain builds?

And regarding the headaches, I have seen my pediatrician who was not worried. He wants to treat my asthma (previously uncontrolled) which is pretty bad when combined with my allergies and see if the headaches remain.

The skull is a closed until. It doesn't change shape.

That sounds like a good idea.

Treat the allergies.

Consider migraines if it doesn't improve with the allergy therapy.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

That is what I suspected.

And yeah the allergies and asthma combined can wreak havoc. I never noticed how bad my asthma was until I starting to realize how often I find it difficult to really get a good breath.

I believe it may be migranes as well. Initially for about a week the headaches were almost certainly "tension-like" and were a constant dull pain that began in the afternoon. Then a week later they turned to more acute pains on either side of the head, and now they're almost gone.

I think these are migraines Michael.

Maybe triggered by allergies.

I think treating the allergies is a solid idea.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Yes, as the headaches became more unilateral I began to suspect some kind of mild migraine (advil at that point seemed to help less) possibly triggered by the asthma or allergies.

You are spot on Michael

I hope this chat helped you in your journey.

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it.
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience: Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it.

I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)