Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS.MD

I took two doses of a 4 hour cough medicine today one at11am and the other at 3pm. then i

I took two doses of a 4 hour cough medicine today one at11am and the other at 3pm. then i took a 12 hour one at 7pm and i thought that would be better and it wasnt. i should of taken the 4 hour.well now its almost midnight and i cant stop coughing so i cant sleep. i do have cvs brand of nightquill can i take that the 2 softgels to go to bed. i willgo to see my doctor tom

Welcome and thank you for your question. I am Dr.Mazumdar and I hope I'm able to help you with your medical problem today.

Can you give me the names of the cough medicines please? Both the 4 hour one as well as the 12 hour one?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
delsym 12 hour

tussin dm cvs
Maria, Thank you for the reply.

You can take the Nyquil sofgels - but since they are sedative and the effect stays for about 8 hours, it is likely that you may feel drowsy in the morning. Other than causing drowsiness, they can be safely taken now, after 5 hours of the Delsym.

I hope that helps.