Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)

For a year and half, Ive had on and off pinpoint pain in my lower right abdominal ar

For a year and half, I've had on and off pinpoint pain in my lower right abdominal area. The first time I had the pain was the worse. It felt like an "explosion" occurred and the pain was so bad I couldn't move. On a scale of 1 to 10, it was a 9. I had a urine test to check my appendix, and the test came up fine. An X-Ray showed a large build up of gas, and I was diagnosed with IBS. Since then, a dull pain reoccurs in exact same pinpoint spot. On a scale of 1-10, the pain is a 2. I am getting worried because the pain has overtime increased in frequency, to where now this month I feel the pain EVERY DAY. I also have increased flatulence. The pain/gas is worse after I eat/drink. I've had a food allergy test showing that I am allergic to eggs, but eliminating eggs from my diet has had no effect.

I am a 100 lb 26 year old female. I take a multivitamin, a fish oil, and an extra Vitamin D3 pill every day. No medications. Slightly high LDL cholesterol (but high HDL). Vitamin D deficien
Hi there.
Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I am Dr.Abid a Medical Internist and will help you out.
Please tell me do you have regular periods and pain occurs during periods or it occurs at any time?
Have you had your ultrasonography?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have regular periods. Pain occurs at any time.

I have not had an ultrasonography.

Thanks for info....
Basically IBS is a diagnosis of exclusion if someone having abdominal pain than no one can directly label you as a case of IBS unless and until other cause of pain should not be ruled out.
Pain over lower right abdominal area can be because of different reason as kidney,ureter and female genital organs lie here so pain can come from any site not necessary from intestine.
I will suggest you to get ultrasonography to rule out the possibility of kidney stone,ovarian cyst or ureteric colic.
Directly jumping in to the diagnosis of IBS is not good and you should proceed accordingly as I mentioned so that you may be diagnosed properly and after that exact treatment may be offered to you.
Regards XXXXX XXXXX luck.
Please leave positive feedback for me.