Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities
28277873

Hello, i have never had headaches before, but 2 days ago i

Hello, i have never had headaches before, but 2 days ago i stood upt o get ready for work and got a sharp pain in my head, which subsided to a dull pain in the front upper left side of my head. That night i went to the er and they gave me a shot of toradol which had little effect. They also did a ct scan which came back negative for anything. I saw my gp and she stated its possibly an issue with high blood pressure. I currently take bystolic 10mg daily. The pain will go away if i take tylenol or advil.. Is this something to be concerned with??

Hello and thank you for the question. Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.

I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and i will do my best to help you today.

You need to answer a few questions first which will help me assist you in a better way.

What are your recent blood pressure readings?

Sleep issues?

Any problems with the vision?

How severe is the pain on a scale of 1 to 10?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi dr. About an hour ago it was 128/75. No issues with vision. Slight ringing in my ears. Right now pain is about a 2 maybe 1. No sleep issues, no fever, all motor skills ok

Thank you very much for the useful information Michael.

I am glad that you already had a CT scan done, which has ruled out any serious possibility like a circulation issue to the brain or haemorrhage or a mass lesion.

This is most likely a result of high blood pressure (if your readings were high when this started) or simply a tension headache (that occurs due to physical or mental stress, sleep issues etc) because of spasm of muscles in the scalp.

Since the pain severity is minimal, and there are absolutely no neurological symptoms (and with a normal CT scan), i would not consider this very much concerning or serious at all.

Continue to use Advil alone or in combination with Tylenol for another 48 hours.

Have adequate sleep.

Little bit exercise.

All will help and most likely this will settle down soon.

Stay relaxed.

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service as this is the only way i get credit for my time and expertise on your question.

If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindest Regards.