Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

Hi Doctor I dont know where to go from here. I am 50years old.

Hi Doctor I dont know where to go from here. I am 50years old. In the year 2000 I had a full hysterectomy. Ever since then I have been suffering with urine infections. So for 13 years, once a month I contact the infection. The clinic I go to has many different doctors but my notes in their computer has history of how many times i have visited them for this problem. The doctors perscribe me antibiotics & its cured for a couple of weeks then its back again. I have asked them why is this happening constantly they told me I don't wipe myself in the proper manner. I get the urine infection regardless of bowel motion or not. I renovated my shower to include a beda wash but i am still having urine infections. Ive had it so much i don't feel the pain that use to come with it, & the odour is to die for its so fowl i can't stand my own smell. what should i do

DrThomasMd :

DrThomasMd :

I see you are off line

DrThomasMd :

I will change the format

have you had a cystocopy by a urologist?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no i haven't had the above

See a urologist
This is way way overdue
There could be something wrong anatomically, such as a bladder that does not empty correctly.

That could be why you keep getting infections.

Your next step is the urologist.
OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.
Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.