Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician

I was hit in the nuts playing soccer this evening about 3 hours

I was hit in the nuts playing soccer this evening about 3 hours ago. I'm in a good amount of pain when I stand and feel as though I'm going to vomit. There is not any swelling. No blood or anything when I pee just some discomfort because of pain. Laying down and sitting I feel fine, just want to make sure I shouldn't be worried about anything serious.
Welcome to and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort through this hit. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

What is the severity of pain on scale of 1-10?
Is the pain decreasing or its the same what you had at the time of hit?
Is there any bruise?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When I stand up after sitting or laying for a bit it gradually increases in pain and probably is a 6-7. It gradually will decrease to just discomfort as long as I support my scrotum. Sitting or laying is barely even noticeable. Doesn't feel like any bruising, not sensitive to the touch. Definitely not add painful as when it first happened, I felt like I was going to vomit and pass out when it first happened.

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

The need to see a doctor for a pain after a hit on testicle arises if any of the following symptom appear:

-Pain doesn't ease up after an hour.
-You continue to feel nauseous or continue to vomit(after 1 hour of injury)
-Bruising and/or swelling of the scrotum
-Difficulty urinating or blood in the urine
-Fevers after testicular injury

If it's a minor testicular injury, the pain should gradually subside in less than an hour and any other symptoms should go away.

As you had the hit 3 hours back & still have the pain on standing & severe nausea,I would advice you to go to urgent care to get examined & rule out any serious injury to the testicle.

Your doctor can often determine the extent of injury to the testicle with a simple physical examination.

If everything appears normal, with no injury present, the doctor will probably prescribe pain medication such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen.Ultrasound scan of testicle may be done accordingly.

So I advice you to consult the doctor at Emergency Room(ER) to get examined & the pain relievers & other medications accordingly.

This should not be ignored.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Hi JA customer,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Have you consulted the doctor at ER?
Was testicle injury ruled out?

Let me know,