Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder and my doctor believes

I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder and my doctor believes I have IBS. I have constipation, random pains, gas and bloating, not all at once. These pains are rarely bad, and they only last for a few seconds. Hypnotherapy combined with CBT has helped reduce it greatly. But I have had six or seven occasions these past six months where I have had a wet feeling on my anus. Most of these few instances it was just sweat which I have had before I developed health anxiety, but twice I went to the bathroom to wipe myself and it had stool on it like I had just had a bowel movement. Not a lot, just a sweaty brown streak. Is this from the IBS and anxiety?
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and am ready to help.

yes, it sounds like your wipes which have shown sweaty brown streaks are most likely from IBS and anxiety causing you to sweat.

I am glad you are doing hypnotherapy and cognitive behavioral therapy. you might also benefit from anixety medications.

also you might benefit from IBS medications like bentyl or donnatal.

you might benefit from taking probiotics and adding more fiber into your diet as well. this might help bulk up your stools and decrease the amount of time you have brown sweaty anal leakage.

if you have occational constipation, this can cause occasional bowel cramping pains as well. this might be helped with a stool softener and adding more fiber into your diet as well

does this help?

do you have other questions?