911DOC
911DOC, Board Certified Dr.
Experience:  Emergency Medicine Physician
19155615

HelloI had to much to drink and in my stupid drunken state,

Hello

I had to much to drink and in my stupid drunken state, I dropped myself from the second floor and landed on both my feet with my 68kg.
I could not walk the next day, thought I had broken the bones and went for x rays but all was ok.
This was 3weeks ago, I can feel improvement and am walking but still have I lot of pain when walking.
What do you think would be the best treatment or doctor to see for help?
Category: Medical
Expert:  911DOC replied 1 year ago.

911DOC :

A fall such as yours with an injury such as yours is tricky.

911DOC :

first of all

911DOC :

fractures in the feet are hard to see on plain Xrays.

911DOC :

3 weeks out, with continued pain, it's time to see an orthopedist.

911DOC :

also,

911DOC :

when you fall from height and land on your feet it is possible to get a lumbar (low back) fracture

911DOC :

so if Xrays were not taken of your low back they need to be

911DOC :

I think your best bet at this point is to see an Orthopedist

911DOC :

as they can pick up subtle injuries to the skeletal system often missed by primary care or even an ER physician

911DOC :

in particular, the heelbone, of 'calcaneus', is often broken by such falls, and the Xrays only rarely show this fracture

911DOC :

time to get to an expert

911DOC :

I do not see you in the chat. I am going to switch to the Q and A format to facilitate this discussion. If your question has been adequately answered I do so appreciate positive feedback. If you have further questions or desire clarification simply type your response in the box below and click ‘reply’ and I will be back with you as soon as I can.

Should you need my assistance in the future simply start your question with ‘for 911doc only’.

Thank you

911DOC, Board Certified Dr.
Experience: Emergency Medicine Physician
Expert:  911DOC replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Morning Doc

Thank you for the answer, if i go to the Orthopedist and it is found that my heelbone is fractured, what would the treatment be?

I am worried now, as this sound like its the case. When i have been walking a lot, my heels are where the pain increases?

I have had no pain at all in my lower back do i still need to have xrays of my lower back?