911DOC
911DOC, Board Certified Dr.
Experience:  Emergency Medicine Physician
19155615

HelloI had to much to drink and in my stupid drunken state,

Hello

I had to much to drink and in my stupid drunken state, I dropped myself from the second floor and landed on both my feet with my 68kg.
I could not walk the next day, thought I had broken the bones and went for x rays but all was ok.
This was 3weeks ago, I can feel improvement and am walking but still have I lot of pain when walking.
What do you think would be the best treatment or doctor to see for help?

911DOC :

A fall such as yours with an injury such as yours is tricky.

911DOC :

first of all

911DOC :

fractures in the feet are hard to see on plain Xrays.

911DOC :

3 weeks out, with continued pain, it's time to see an orthopedist.

911DOC :

also,

911DOC :

when you fall from height and land on your feet it is possible to get a lumbar (low back) fracture

911DOC :

so if Xrays were not taken of your low back they need to be

911DOC :

I think your best bet at this point is to see an Orthopedist

911DOC :

as they can pick up subtle injuries to the skeletal system often missed by primary care or even an ER physician

911DOC :

in particular, the heelbone, of 'calcaneus', is often broken by such falls, and the Xrays only rarely show this fracture

911DOC :

time to get to an expert

911DOC :

I do not see you in the chat. I am going to switch to the Q and A format to facilitate this discussion. If your question has been adequately answered I do so appreciate positive feedback. If you have further questions or desire clarification simply type your response in the box below and click ‘reply’ and I will be back with you as soon as I can.

Should you need my assistance in the future simply start your question with ‘for 911doc only’.

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Morning Doc

Thank you for the answer, if i go to the Orthopedist and it is found that my heelbone is fractured, what would the treatment be?

I am worried now, as this sound like its the case. When i have been walking a lot, my heels are where the pain increases?

I have had no pain at all in my lower back do i still need to have xrays of my lower back?